Dr. Avanti is a physician who, after medical training in emergency medicine, began a journey to find her joy again and to help people truly heal. This calling has led her to training in a variety of healing traditions and modalities: Ayurveda, energy healing modalities including Pranic Healing and Reiki, plant-based nutrition and Yoga Therapy. She integrates these intuitive healing systems and traditions in her writing, research and teaching. She lectures extensively to medical students and physicians, as well as a broad-range of audiences throughout the country. The subjects of these talks range from scientific talks on various traditional healing systems to interactive dialogues on meditation, yoga, lifestyle and nutrition.
What We’ll Learn
- A thorough explanation of every human being’s innate potential for healing through the practices defined in Ayurveda
- How disconnection from harmony with the outside world begin to manifest into symptoms and subsequent disease
- The process through which Ayurveda provides a framework for identifying imbalances and cultivating awareness
- The importance of empowering ourselves to remember our innate healing potential
- Key differences between the self as the healer and doctor as a facilitator of health
- How Ayurveda serves as a template for lifestyle change versus a “quick fix” for symptom reduction
If you or your loved one is in need of support, the following toll-free numbers offer everything from crisis counseling to mental health treatment referrals in your area. Help is available. You do not need to suffer in silence.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 (24 hours 7 days a week).
NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness: 1-800-NAMI (6264). They are available M-F from 10am-6pm EST.
SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline: 1-877-726-4727. They are available M-F from 8am-8pm EST.
If you liked what you heard today, write a review and subscribe in iTunes. Five star reviews really help others to find the podcast. Grateful for any love you can leave!
Have a question? Comment? Is there a particular topic you would like to know more about? Don’t keep quiet! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get the conversation going.